Chocolate Waffles! I’ve been on a waffle roll this week. The recipe for these chocolate waffles is really the Double Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake recipe on this site. It just makes delicious chocolate waffles.
Unless you are planning to make chocolate waffles for a crowd, you will definitely want to cut the recipe in half. I’m posting the half recipe for you below. Let me know if you try them. I think they’d be super delicious topped with fresh cherries or strawberries!
- 1/2 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix (use 273 grams)
- 1/2 package of Julie’s Original Fudge Brownie Mix (use 237 grams)
- 3/4 cups of non-dairy milk (I used soymilk)
- 2/3 cups strong brewed coffee (room temp) or non-dairy milk (I used soymilk)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a mixer bowl combine the cake and brownie mixes, milk, coffee, oil and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop the batter onto the waffle iron, and follow the manufacturer's directions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Let the waffles cool slightly before eating. They are wonderful dusted with a little powdered sugar, or served with fresh berries.
- You can freeze extra waffles, and reheat in a toaster when needed.