Okay y’all, I’ve made our mix even easier for you! Microwave cobblers!! You can make it in a mug, ramekin or mini pie plate (like in the photo above). Seriously, as much as I love my oven, I love baking a cobbler in 2 minutes even more! Instant gratification!
I’ve been a huge fan of baking cakes and brownies in mugs for many years. In fact, long before I started blogging (2002 to be exact), I developed this recipe for Bon Appetit magazine. They were such a hit that they made them on the Today Show (unfortunately without me, but hey, my brownie mugs were famous). You will also notice that the recipe is definitely not vegan or gluten-free, as that was many moons ago.
Anyway, back to the recipe! So for this recipe all you have to do is use our white cake mix, a little non-dairy milk and a drop of oil, melted coconut oil, or vegan margarine. And of course whatever fruit you’ve got on hand. For the one above, I used frozen blueberries and some fresh peach slices. This recipe is so adaptable though, you can use whatever fruit you want. I think you could even add a little more fruit than I did, and you can vanilla like I did, or a drop of almond extract too.
Let me know if you make these! I love when you tag photos with #juliesoriginal, so I can see all of your amazing creations. Also, stay tuned because I’ve got LOTS more quick mug cake recipes coming soon (with both of our mixes!).
Blueberry Peach Cobbler Mug Cake | gluten-free + vegan
This recipe couldn't be easier! So perfect when you want a cobbler now!
- 1/4 cup Julie's Original White Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil or melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or sub a drop of almond extract)
- About 1/3 cup fresh or frozen fruit (or a combo of both)
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cake mix, milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a greased, microwave-safe mug, mini pie plate or ramekin. Top with fruit, lightly pressing into the batter. If desired, sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar. Cook on high for about 2 minutes (in a 1,000 watt microwave). The top should look firm.
- Let stand for a couple of minutes before eating.
Gluten-free and vegan