Almond Sugar Cookies (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
Yield 28 cookies
This cookies are delicious, and can be rolled in powdered or granulated sugar before baking.
- 1 bag Julie's Original White Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup almond flour, optional
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup light flavored oil such as sunflower, safflower or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix, almond flour, milk, oil and almond extract. Beat on low, increasing speed to medium low, and beat for a good minute or two, until the dough comes together and starts to form a ball. It takes a little bit for the dry ingredients to hydrate, but you don't want to add any additional liquid if possible.
- Scoop the dough into slightly rounded 1 tablespoon balls (you can roll in powdered or granulated sugar), and place on the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave some space between the cookies as they will spread. Lightly press down tops of cookies (even if you have rolled them in sugar).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes. They should be puffed and lightly cracked on top. They won't be golden, so color shouldn't be an indicator. For slightly softer cookies bake them closer to 10 minutes, for crispy bake them for 12 or 13. Let cool on baking sheet before removing.
Recipe by Julie's Original at https://juliesoriginal.com/almond-sugar-cookies-gluten-free-vegan/