If you love banana bread, you are going to love this recipe! I sampled it over the weekend at New Season’s and everyone loved it. I love that it tastes just like the banana bread my mom used to make, and can be baked in anything from an 8-inch loaf pan to a bundt pan to a round cake pan.
- 1 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
- 1 cup mashed brown bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 7 x 11-inch glass or metal baking pan, or a round 8-or 9-inch metal pan or an 8-inch metal loaf pan. You can also bake it as cupcakes or mini loaf cakes. Just make sure to line the muffin pan or mini loaf pan with paper muffin liners or parchment paper for the mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the white cake mix, mashed banana, non-dairy milk, oil and vanilla, beating well until the batter is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips if using. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake for about 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. If you're making mini loaf cakes or muffins, it will probably take about 30 to 40 minutes to bake, but make sure they are baked through before removing from the oven. A large loaf cake might take longer than the 60 minutes to bake (maybe 10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven to cool on a rack. I don't usually unmold the cake from the pan until it's cool, unless it's muffins/cupcakes or mini loaf cakes. Then I will remove them after about 15 minutes to finish cooling completely on a rack. Let cool completely and enjoy!